Managing workforce change is a constant challenge for employers.
Whether it be changing contracts of employment or managing a restructuring project we can assist with practical expert advice and support to ensure that you retain key talent whilst maintaining competitiveness and achieving legal compliance.
The Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 (TULR(C)A) requires employers in certain circumstances to inform and consult employees about collective redundancies, either through elected representatives or recognized trade unions.
The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 commonly referred to as TUPE applies wherever there is a transfer of business (or part) in the UK from one employer to another or where there is a change of contractor. The TUPE Regulations preserve the continuity of employment and terms & conditions of those employees who are transferred to the new employer and impose a number of obligations upon the transferring employer (the transferor) and the receiving employer (the transferee) to inform and consult with affected employees.
We can support employers by:
• Project managing the restructuring / TUPE / redundancy process
• Managing individual and collective workforce consultation
• Setting up employee consultation arrangements where none exist
• Training employee representatives on their role and responsibilities
• Advising managers on the restructuring process
• Managing pensions consultations